Did you mean: 

Original topic:

The case for native apps

(Topic created: 08-08-2022 01:39 PM)
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
While participating in another beta, I'm noticing a number of the same issues as previously. The majority of problems users are experiencing in beta are, invariably, related to 3rd party apps. DISCLAIMER: there's not one thing wrong with 3rd party apps. However, several years ago, I saw a post on some board (can't remember) by some Android rando (just like me) who said that he always tried to use native apps on whichever phone he purchased. (This was back in the day when LG and HTC were serious players.)

His argument was that the manufacturer had specifically designed those apps to work on their phones. They had control (similar to Apple) and you were more likely than not to have a smooth experience...especially when you needed it most. I gave it a shot, starting with my Note 5. I've never regretted it.

Yes, I have a back up plan...mostly with Microsoft apps. Though, Google apps might be more your cup of tea. Of course, this is Android, so you can do what you please. And I've noticed most people do. Every now and then, I switch out to see what the other worlds look like (MSFT, Google, etc.). There are things on the Outlook app that I wish Samsung would copy. But there are more things on the Samsung Email app that MSFT should copy for Outlook. (same with Chrome, Edge, To Do, Keep, blah, blah, blah).

All of this to say, I rarely have any issues in any beta precisely because I focus on native apps, whenever possible. Just my 2 cents. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
1 Reply
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes