Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

The new beta 2 dropped

(Topic created: 10-11-2023 05:02 PM)
Options
Discussions
Wow the UI improvements are insane. Not aesthetics, I mean smoothness and lag. It's like a brand new phone now. It's so snappy you feel like you're using a Pixel, I have yet to experience a single instance of stutter or lag. I didn't read the full details of what they fixed but I know they fixed a lot of the UI and bug issues, they updated a bunch of the system Samsung apps like wearables for instance. And it's just all around a huge improvement from the first beta. I did not think we were getting a second, I thought that since stable should be ready in 2 weeks or so that we would just go straight to stable but Samsung came through and gave us a freebie for those of us that stayed on the beta. Also obviously it includes a new October security patch, just getting off of that September one is a huge relief. The September patch caused my phone many issues so I'm glad to be off of that one and the October patch seems to be more in line with what Samsung usually puts out which is quality updates at a very fast pace. Samsung sometimes beats Google when it comes to security patches.This OneUI 6 beta 2 update is a 10/10 for me

Here's what has been improved:

Options
Discussions
U1 is the Samsung unlocked version of the S22 Ultra. It means it was bought directly from Samsung instead of through a carrier.
You're confused, the SM-908U1 is the model number of the Samsung unlocked Galaxy S22 Ultra. It's not something that is software that's the model number of your phone and the last two digits or one digit depending, is whether your phone is the international, carrier locked, or Samsung unlocked version of the phone.
0 Likes
JamesC315
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Got it from Verizon. Reinstalled members app and registered again. Nothing. Should I wait till tomorrow or what?
0 Likes
Trev85
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Same here lol
0 Likes
Maggard
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
The post seems to end abruptly with:
"Here's what had been improved"

EDIT
After my post, more information showed up. Thanx. Though the abruptly ending last line still remains....
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Thanks, just fixed it.
moebetta
Halo
Options
Discussions
It's not a banner like it normally is?
0 Likes
Maggard
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I am curious:
What isn't a banner as normal?

EDIT
Thank you. Banners are NOT involved.

I shall continue to monitor my Notices in the Samsung Members App.
Options
Discussions
Don't listen to what he is saying he is just as confused as you are. I've clearly laid out how you can enter the beta and how he can update to the second beta he just needs to read my replies instead of commenting again and again before I'm able to reply and give the answer
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Are you unable to still see the banner at the homepage of members? Did you follow my steps of deleting the app and reinstalling? Those are Samsung's official guidelines for getting the banner to enter the beta to show up, it's not something I just made up so if you don't see the banner now and haven't uninstalled and reinstalled the app, You will never see it and you'll be monitoring for nothing. It's already released, you should immediately see it. If you have reinstalled the app and don't see it that means your phone is not eligible for one reason or another.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
No man, you go into settings and then update