Did you mean: 

Original topic:

This thing is a major overhaul.

(Topic created: 11-08-2023 02:29 PM)
BayouBoy3
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
From what I'm witnessing. Google (android) is the hold up. If anyone has noticed on the playstore, apps need updating daily or every 2 days. These apps are changing their skins also. In my theory: between app devs and Google they've missed their deadline for a synced stable rollout along with 6.0. Hum? Devs do have other jobs and families. Plus that would be the answer to individual apps being completely revamped. Everybody saying this beta has been taking much longer. To add, this is the biggest overhaul I've witnessed. They also know one thing, if they miss the mark, the U. S. gonna raised sand. Thanks
4 Replies
Marv323
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
This is why I always say samsung should just branch off and do one ui vanilla. I feel google holds them back
bwilliance
Halo
Options
Discussions
Yes, Android is literally open source, there's nothing stopping Samsung from doing their own thing and just using Android as the base if they wanted to
Options
Discussions
Other than the investment into their own app store that would be required to make it work as the primary store, but I feel like that shouldn't be an issue with their resources and following; especially if a certain major Chinese company managed to do it from scratch. While they still base their software on Android, they no longer have to pay licensing fees to Google because, for most manufacturers, the software is useless without the app store.
bwilliance
Halo
Options
Discussions
Samsung should definitely address the app store issue. They have their own app store, but there's also the Play Store, which is where most people go to. They should figure out a way to combine them into one, or something like that. And this is also a problem with some other apps, like having two messaging apps. Samsung is a big company, and they should have no excuse for letting Google hold them back.