Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Tmo RCS

(Topic created: 08-13-2022 04:47 AM)
Qantas108
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Much like others my Rcs is a mess in beta. This AM I had a very hard time getting it back. Before beta it would sporadically do this. But now, with Beta it's all the time.

Error report already submitted. 
10 Replies
userBobD104
Explorer
Options
Discussions
Agreed, at first it was fixable by turning OFF the Sim Card then turning it back on. Now, uninstalling and reinstalling is the only action that reconnects the RCS feature...
0 Likes
userBobD104
Explorer
Options
Discussions
Referring to uninstalling the Google Messages app...
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you haven’t already, Please update Samsung Members app to latest version from the Galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Can you delete it since it was default in the 22 line
0 Likes
Mattycakes
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I have not had any issues with RCS in Google Messages
0 Likes
ADot
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I'm having the same issues. Turned off sim card and it's fixed so far.
0 Likes
Claykin
Comet
Options
Discussions
Google wants apple to adopt RCS, which would be ok if it was half as reliable as iMessage. I see "connecting" as much as I see "connected". Android 11, 12 and this 13 beta. No change over the years.
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Discussions

RCS is still a mess after so many years.  Still not fully adopted and working correctly across all android devices.  The sad part is that RCS is still dependent on carriers since google allows them to manage the rcs servers.  I'm surprised that Google would waste so much time pushing RCS which is still sms based... instead of thinking ahead and pushing an official messaging (instant message svc not dependent on phone number sms and free from carrier bs)  service for all android devices instead.

0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Discussions
You guys forget Google had all that. They dropped support. Google could have expanded GTalk into SMS app and such. They didn't. Then hangouts... then allo... then now RCS. Google doesn't want to spend money and maintain it. Right now Google pushing RCS but dropping support to carriers. If Apple adopted it Google will drop their servers quicker. Let the carriers interlope and such.

TBH GSM had the opportunity to have carriers and OEMs support RCS by stating to be 5G capable RCS support is required.
0 Likes