Did you mean: 

Original topic:

What's going on with the launcher???

(Topic created: 09-14-2023 09:10 AM)
Casosix
Halo
Options
Discussions
So, what's going on with the OneUI launcher? Many things have changed in the animations and interactions with gesture Navigation, app switched, folders, etc. Many of the functions of OneUI 5.1 are just missing, and for seemingly no reason. Why would the beta be modifying the launcher to this extent to not create any meaningful improvements?

It is of my opinion that Samsung is preparing to (finally) completely rewrite and replace the launcher software with something new based on more modern stock Android launchers, or perhaps something even more high quality. 

This is a very good thing (if this is happening), because let's all be honest, the OneUI launcher is very obviously outdated and in need of reworking, and even with the fresh coat of paint on it, and multiple visual redesigns, it is obvious that it is fundamentally the same outdated launcher code from the TouchWiz days. 

I think Samsung is finally preparing to replace the weakest link of OneUI. 

And Samsung Developers, if you read this, please take action, and if I am wrong here, all of us would appreciate if you would at the very least make the launcher as refined as it was on OneUI 5.1. It really needs to be completely replaced if I'm being honest, or heavily updated, because with years of bodging new features into an old launcher with legacy code, the cracks are starting to show. 
4 Replies
The_Chief
Nebula
Options
Discussions
Again, no specifics in your comment. I have animations turned off in Developer Options to speed up the phone (works great, too). Why don't you list a few specific recommendations, instead of just a generalized complaint, so developers have something to work on?
0 Likes
user727Ki03iJc
Constellation
Options
Discussions

This is my first time on this page or anywhere in this forum. From the looks of it you must be one of the Samsung Developers? If so; you're sarcastic reply is beyond rude it is lazy and from a person who does not take responsibility or take their job seriously! I have been using Samsung phones now since S8 I brought an s22 but I am afraid to fully transfer to and it's been sitting for almost a whole year doing nothing but Gathering dust! I am addicted to the Nova Launcher and all of its easy and truly useful features but I'm scared to death to try to transfer from my S8 to my s22 just to have everything go wrong! Since the s22 doesn't even have an SD card I don't know what's going to happen to the contents of my S8 SD card? I really think you need a major Attitude Change and whether you like the way a person wrote their post or not just say you're taking responsibility and working your butt off to make things better constantly and always there to make everyone who purchases any Samsung product completely and totally satisfied so that they know that they're huge amount of money was not wasted on people who make a great salary and have a lousy attitude and are not doing their jobs well! If you reply to me the way you did the person above then I will pursue disciplinary actions against youThis is my first time on this page or anywhere in this forum. From the looks of it you must be one of the Samsung Developers? If so; you're sarcastic reply is beyond rude it is lazy and from a person who does not take responsibility or take their job seriously! I have been using Samsung phones now since S8 I brought an s22 but I am afraid to fully transfer to and it's been sitting for almost a whole year doing nothing but Gathering dust! I am addicted to the Nova Launcher and all of its easy and truly useful features but I'm scared to death to try to transfer from my S8 to my s22 just to have everything go wrong! Since the s22 doesn't even have an SD card I don't know what's going to happen to the contents of my S8 SD card? I really think you need a major Attitude Change and whether you like the way a person wrote their post or not just say you're taking responsibility and working your butt off to make things better constantly and always there to make everyone who purchases any Samsung product completely and totally satisfied so that they know that they're huge amount of money was not wasted on people who make a great salary and have a lousy attitude and are not doing their jobs well! If you reply to me the way you did the person above then I will reach out to your superiors!

0 Likes
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
If you're having a problem with the swipe gestures I would go back to using buttons for the time being. Screenshot_20230914_133720_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes