Did you mean: 

Original topic:

When the heck is an update coming?!?!?

(Topic created: 08-21-2023 02:35 PM)
jt305
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I should've never do e this, and I am not going to withdraw and go through all the hassle of reinstalling 5.1 and Android 13.

The biggest issue I get is the bottom navigation button to switch screens stops working, causing me to have to reboot, happens daily, and often several times, super annoying!

When the heck are they releasing an update?

I sure hope this was an issue others had and reported as well.
11 Replies
User010101
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

This is a beta and the first release of the public beta so bugs and crashes are to be expected.  Did you report the crashes in the forum?

I haven't had crashes using gesture navigation and I have also removed all goodlock modules that were incompatible with One UI6.  Maybe start there and be sure to report your crashes.

Hate to say it, but when you knowingly sign up to be a beta tester you are signing on for exactly this sort of experience.  It will get better each update.  I've read a rumor that 8/29 is the date for Beta 2.

jt305
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I reported it using the report bug, and attached screenshots and video.

I understand this is what I signed up for, but how long and how many bugs do they need to release an update. Korea already has the update.

Every time the navigation button stops working I can't switch apps, and am forced to reboot.

Lesson learned, not doing this whole beta thing ever again, it's a PITA.
0 Likes
JumpingHoses
Nebula
Options
Discussions
Korea had a small hot fix not beta 2. The leaked date for their beta 2 was August 29.
0 Likes
The_Chief
Nebula
Options
Discussions
I have the same problem with switching apps and One UI crashing because it tries to open all the apps full screen at the same time. If you swipe to the home screen first, and then swipe up to select an app in use, it should work for you.
0 Likes
smokerek
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
FWIW....I agree with user010101! I definitely have minor issues but haven't needed to reboot since 1st installing the beta. I also did the same thing to prepare for the beta as I've done a beta every year since I can remember. 1st version is always the worst(nothing too crazy that I can't deal with or work around) and then they progressively get better each update until official release happens.
Options
Discussions
Nobody's set-up is the same, that's why they need as many people as possible so they can make Android 14/UI 6.0 the best it can be. The programmers need outside eyes to find bugs they might be blinded to. There are also thousands of testers besides us.
cheerioboy26
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I've also had the gestures and home screen freeze (using Nova) and had to reboot. It happens every couple of days.
vicm96
Halo
Options
Discussions
No issues so far with any apps or UI. The only one issue was I decided to reboot it and it took forever to come back. It got stuck on boot logo.
0 Likes
DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Discussions
FWIW I'm on stock S23 T-Mobile, mostly beta is doing well. Minor touch insensitivity on swiping up to view open apps. I've dealt with lots worse in another beta with a different phone several years ago.
0 Likes