cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

When will Android 12 will be released for S20?

(Topic created: 11-25-2021 08:42 AM)
Ash2892
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

Does anybody know when will Android 12 will be released in America public I have a Samsung Galaxy s20 lock AT&t and I'm just want to know when will the Android 12 will be released for US carriers

0 Likes
9 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Discussions

@Ash2892 If you open Samsung Members app, click the bell icon, and then click on Notices you will find one titled "One UI 4 upgrade with Android 12". That has all the release dates from Samsung. 

The document indicates that Samsung will release the update for the S20 5G on February 2022. 

The timing from that point is dependent on AT&T approval.  

0 Likes
Ash2892
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I'm talking about for carriers I have AT&t and I just want to know when will it be released for that's 20 lock phone
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Discussions

@Ash2892 "I'm talking about for carriers I have AT&t and I just want to know when will it be released for that's 20 lock phone"

You would need to contact AT&T. 

0 Likes
Chevchellios
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Depending on the device . Between now and January
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Discussions

@Chevchellios "Depending on the device . Between now and January"

Per the document from Samsung that I referenced below... between now and August depending on device. 

0 Likes
Options
Discussions
When it's ready!!! Some S20 just got 1st beta so long ways to go
0 Likes
Ash2892
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I'm just curious you don't have to be rude
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Not rude fact!!!!! First of it it s been covered for last 6 mths and second there is no exact date!!! It depends on how beta goes!!! S21 series got final Android 12 and they still have problems!!! Usually beta goes 4 or 5 changes but again depends on bugs!!! The purpose of betas are to iron out bugs sooooo again Noone really knows!!! It also depends on country only 6 countries get beta!!! And it depends on model and who you get service from!!! Think Att almost always last and finally it depends on whether locked or unlocked!!! I don't think locked devices get to try beta!!! Soooo it depends
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Ash2892 ,

There are way too many factors involved in releasing an major update for a device. Although we cannot confirm date, target currently is mid to late Jan.

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes