cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Who else is loving the look of the new notification panel?

(Topic created: 08-12-2023 03:36 PM)
Zaquarius
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I like it, it's clean and modern. It's not perfect but I like where theyre going with it

What do you think?
13 Replies
Whtman88
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I like it as well and the new Bluetooth info that show what I am connected to
Philosophics
Nebula
Options
Discussions
I think the background should dim a bit more.
0 Likes
G87M2
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Even better functionality, you can access the full panel by swiping on the right if enabledScreenshot_20230812_081356_Settings Suggestions_1000036871_1691846038.png
0 Likes
Zaquarius
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Ironically I already had this (except it was the left) with a third party app, but I don't remember which lol
0 Likes
JumpingHoses
Nebula
Options
Discussions
Aesthetics are better but I like how it was before. I know a lot of people hated the huge headers with the blank space, but it pushed elements to the bottom of the screen and made them easier to reach when using a phone with 1 hand. Now we're back to things being at the top half of the screen and hard to reach.

And for those who forgot, one objective of OneUI was to make taller phones easier to use. They've completely gone against their core design language and purpose of OneUI here.
0 Likes
Zaquarius
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I think I actually disagree (although I'll have to use it more to be sure). I find the brightness slider in the expanded quick settings panel more accessible with one hand now, since my hand has to be near the top of the screen to pull it down in the first place
0 Likes
JumpingHoses
Nebula
Options
Discussions
It does depend how you use your phone.

I can pull down the quick settings panel from anywhere. One Hand Operation+ and other apps already made that possible. So I never had to have my hand near the top of the screen.

Since my hand remained near the bottom of the phone, I could always reach the brightness slider in 5. But now I cannot reach Wi-Fi, Bluetooth. I can create workarounds with custom quick panel icons, but that's going to be annoying to set up.

I should have said this before, but I'm just advocating for customization options. Let people choose how the quick panel is laid out. Then I think the new layout can work for everyone .
Zaquarius
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Oh yeah I totally agree. There is no configuration that will work for everyone, so customization is always the way to go.

Have you tried micro gestures (play store)? I think you'll like it
0 Likes
userPyPcIZXL9R
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I love it! It's very compact as well
0 Likes