Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Wifi 6E bug

(Topic created: 10-03-2023 10:51 AM)
MadHatter01
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I have been trying to figure this out for a few weeks. Randomly my wifi drops to 1mbps from 800+ Mbps. I have rebooted the phone, router etc. I have a high end Asus Rog router. Today when I go home I noticed 1mbps again on speed test. I rebooted the phone. Nothing. Then I logged in the router which took forever. Disabled wifi 6e band only. Then suddenly speeds went to 800mbps. I had also tried rebooting the router also. It seems when it's trying to connect to wifi 6e there is a problem. This actually start after the Wifi 6e bug that caused reboots.

Is anyone else with wifi 6e having this issue?

Edit: I have an Asus GT-AXE1600 router.
7 Replies
MadHatter01
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
You can see how slow it getsScreenshot_20231003_104302_Speedtest.jpg
0 Likes
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Discussions
Just curious, are you running these speed tests near the router in the same spot every time or as your walking around in different spots?
0 Likes
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Discussions
Turn 6e back on and You need to test that routers speeds again from a different known good device to ensure its your device and not the router.
0 Likes
MadHatter01
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I am a systems admin. Trust me I ran test from the router directly. I get at least 1.2gb. I also get 800 Mbps at the same time on the laptop wuth wifi 6e next to the phone.

Also the Asus router has a speed test tool built right in. I literally could not open my routers webpage from my phone. I had to use the laptop.

I design and maintain enterprise networks as part of my job. Also remember a few beta ago, there was a big for wifi 6e. When I got home and the phone connected it rebooted. Ever since that bug was fixed I have had this issue.
0 Likes
MadHatter01
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
The 1095 score is from the router and the 24.7 is from the phone. Full bars and 20 feet away, also no walls.

It's not the router. It's something to do with the Wifi on the Samsung S23 ultra. My son's S22 ultra has no issues. My wife's iPhone has no issues. Just the S23 ultra ever since the beta with wifi 6e reboots.

Also I did a network reset and clear cache.Screenshot_20231004_102310_Brave.jpgScreenshot_20231004_102112_Speedtest.jpg
0 Likes
MadHatter01
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Here was speed test. I had 2 Mbps then deleted wifi and added it again. It went to 100 then back down. Reboot phone and full speeds.Screenshot_20231004_123556_Speedtest.jpg
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback.

Please use the latest Samsung Members app to submit an error report (Samusng Members One UI Beta Program Beta Feedback Error Report.

Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.

- To provide UX or UI-related feedback, such as usability or feature suggestions, select "Beta community Suggestions" in the Beta recruitment notice of Samsung Members app.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes