Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Worst Beta Ever

(Topic created: 09-04-2023 12:49 PM)
Tstewart831
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
S23 Ultra user here. I've been doing Galaxy Betas since thr Galaxy S4. I can with confidence admit this beta has been thr absolute worst.
Feature wise, I am excited about all of the new improvements to the device. Unfortunately, this beta has been incredibly buggy. The main issue is random freezing. Just using random apps (none illegal or spammy), I will not only be able to open any other apps, but I would have to turn the phone completely off and on again. It's really aggravating.
The other issue is this app called "People" app that suddenly pops in constantly saying it's currently running. It's irritating because all thr options I look for do not provide a method to stop it from happening. I've only remembered converting backwards from a beta once, but this one is enough to make me go back.

14 Replies
Whtman88
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Swipe side panel open and click on settings and see if the people panel is enabled
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
Weird, i'm not having a single problem and I personally installed the 2nd beta version myself since it wouldn't give me the update and during that it factory reset my device which is fine with me because I would have done it anyways myself because it avoids apps clashing in the background which I seen myself in live logcat view. I decided to try to see how much battery life i'm able to get and I stopped charging the phone 1 day 12 hours ago and yesterday I used 5h 22m screen on time and today so far since I'm off work I have 6h 48 minutes screen on time that's 12 hours and 10 minutes and I still have 33% battery life left.Screenshot_20230904_154626_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20230904_154645_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20230904_154654_Device care.jpg
user5qN2bvlYTO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I disagree yes the 1st release was horrible I went back but I decided to try beta 2 and I'm impressed with the fixes... I haven't had an issue yet just the fact no matter the conditions the camera always has a 3 sec timer even With the timer off
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
If this is the worst beta ever, Samsung must do an amazing job compared to every other software companies. I am impressed that there are so few bugs and issues from the start
Shadowfalx
Nebula
Options
Discussions
I'm not having problems.

Seems to be certain people have significant problems while everyone else seems to mostly be minor issues.
ImRyan
Comet
Options
Discussions
Yeah I don't understand it
DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Discussions
No issues, no forced restart to make things work.
ImRyan
Comet
Options
Discussions
Same
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
I jumped into the game at Beta 2.
No major issues!

Clear partician cache.
Downloaded Samsung Good Guardians and run App Booster.
I do this after every upgrade, monthly or beta releases.

See if that helps.