Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Worst Beta Ever

(Topic created: 09-06-2023 06:23 AM)
Tstewart831
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
S23 Ultra user here. I've been doing Galaxy Betas since thr Galaxy S4. I can with confidence admit this beta has been thr absolute worst.
Feature wise, I am excited about all of the new improvements to the device. Unfortunately, this beta has been incredibly buggy. The main issue is random freezing. Just using random apps (none illegal or spammy), I will not only be able to open any other apps, but I would have to turn the phone completely off and on again. It's really aggravating.
The other issue is this app called "People" app that suddenly pops in constantly saying it's currently running. It's irritating because all thr options I look for do not provide a method to stop it from happening. I've only remembered converting backwards from a beta once, but this one is enough to make me go back.

14 Replies
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Discussions
Clearing cache partition is really necessary on this beta. I feel like the data restore it does on the install brings back data that is no longer relevant in Android 14, thus causing crashes.
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
Yes, apps crashing in the background with dated information and the new build will cause issues.

I have had problems with Samsung Finder not opening.
Someone suggested that I use recovery mode (same place to do wipe partician cache) and select recover apps or something ... Last option on the list.
I had previously done the clear cache but not this option. Well, GoodLock LockStar WAS still functioning prior, meaning the last known settings I had for LockStar were intact and lock screen was functioning.
I could not open LockStar and make changes but it was still working.

After app recovery and reboot LockStar is officially no more! 😢

It will be back in a few months after the stable release.

I bring this up not to whine about LockStar, though I do miss it, but rather to share how remnants of applications can be lingering about.
lockStar hanging about did not cause any issues but, other apps might.

Some go as far as factory reset,but that seems overkill to me. Go nuclear when absolutely necessary.

Sadly, Samsung Finder is still M.I.A. for me!
That's really the biggest issue so far. All else is very smooth.

Did have one instance where coming out of the lock screen back to the phone app the bottom navigation buttons were missing. No way to get out of the phone app other than use the notification shade, pop into another app and then recent app button to close out the phone app.
I know, ...I still am a fan of the buttons! 😆
Glitch that may be a one off.

Second, the copyopy URL is missing when sharing content.

That's really it! Small glitches and omissions that will hopefully be resolved next go around.

Battery life is as good as it was before the beta, maybe even better. Hard to tell just yet.
0 Likes
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Discussions
Do wipe from recovery mode. That's what I was talking about.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback.

Other users have reported the issue with People.  Please de-select People from Edge Panel Settings.  If that doesn't resolve the issue, please use the latest Samsung Members app to submit an error report (Samusng Members One UI Beta Program Beta Feedback Error Report.

Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.

- To provide UX or UI-related feedback, such as usability or feature suggestions, select "Beta community Suggestions" in the Beta recruitment notice of Samsung Members app.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

Tstewart831
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Thanks for the advice on the People app. Kind of frustrating I have to disable it on my Edge panel though. But it did work. I am also going to wipe my cache partition again to see if that helps with the freezing issues when I use select apps...mostly social media ones
0 Likes