Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Apps not updating in Google play store on one ui4.0 beta

(Topic created: 12-23-2021 11:06 AM)
Shiva1409
Astronaut
Options
Questions
I enrolled in one ui 4.0 beta on my note 20 ultra. Since then I am not able to update apps in Google play store. I tried 
1. Restarting the phone
2. Wipe play store cache and data
3. Wipe cache partition from recovery menu
4. Removed and added my Google account

Is there anything else I can try to fix this apart from factory reset? Please let me know. It's so frustrating.
0 Likes
6 Replies
BDub
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Sounds like if thats the case you may need to reset your phone. I didnt experience this issue after my beta update.
0 Likes
Shiva1409
Astronaut
Options
Questions
I saw resetting the phone also did not help few people
0 Likes
Nomadic_Josh
Astronaut
Options
Questions
Same issue on my Note20 Ultra. This is a known issue that some devices lose Google Play Protect Certification during the rollout for unknown reasons. Apparently this impacted the stable release in Korea as well. Not sure on the timeline for a fix but from what I was reading, it's not as simple as a factory reset in the interim. You'll need to download Android 11.0 and then manually install on a computer. At this point I'm hopeful that the stable release is within the next week so that the whole issue will resolve itself. Frustrating for me as well...
Shiva1409
Astronaut
Options
Questions
Thank you for sharing your experience. Yes, thought it would be a head ache to go back to Android 11 with manual install etc. I will wait for official release then. I'm ok not to update the apps for time being but some apps are not letting me to use it unless I update to latest version. That's when I got frustrated šŸ˜€
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,

During beta program, some 3rd party software are not yet certified by Google, and therefore secure services may not work. We apologize for the inconvenience and will post a notice once it becomes certified by Google. You may try again at that time.

Regards

One UI Beta Team.

BenPWarner
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
I've tried everything to fix this issue. Can't update since apps, like Netflix, and other apps that should be compatible, like Legend of Mana, say that my phone isn't supported
0 Likes