JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Auto Rotate Setting Missing

(Topic created: 11-10-2023 06:14 PM)
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Questions
In Settings on my Z Fold5, the Auto Rotate setting is now missing. It's probably been this way for at least two weeks or so, since installing beta 3 or 4. When I rotate my phone, I get a tiny icon in a corner of the screen, which I must tap on to get the screen to rotate.
Samsung beta support told me that I'm getting this small icon for rotation because I don't have Auto Rotation enabled, but, as I said previously, this setting is now missing on my phone. 
Does anyone else also have this problem with the Auto Rotation setting missing on their Z Fold5 running the beta?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Questions
Look for the icon labeled Portrait. Click it. Auto rotate will be enabled. The icon will change and the label will change to Auto rotate.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Questions
Look for the icon labeled Portrait. Click it. Auto rotate will be enabled. The icon will change and the label will change to Auto rotate.
0 Likes
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Questions
Thanks, I found out about this in a video I discovered on YouTube last night. My S23U still running One UI 5.1, also has the Auto Rotate setting moved to the Quick Panel. When did Samsung make this change to the Auto Rotate setting?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Questions

@neilth Auto rotate is still in the Quick panel. Unfortunately when it is off, it is labeled "Portrait". 

0 Likes