Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Beta and carrier

(Topic created: 08-08-2022 10:19 AM)
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
 If I was to switch carriers during the Beta would that mess up the Beta at all or would it not matter
0 Likes
13 Replies
TheNewsHQ
Nebula
Options
Questions
It shouldn't mess up anything, as far as I know, since it's the OS on your phone the betas are controlled and sent out by Samsung and not the carriers, plus as far as I know this year Samsung opened the beta for everybody on any carrier or unlocked, I haven't found anywhere in their announcement that says only certain carriers are allowed like in the past
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
My phone is unlocked. I have had unlocked phones the last 3 years
Betamonke
Comet
Options
Questions
I believe if the phone is the unlocked U1 model it shouldn't cause a problem. But your mileage may vary. I would keep your old SIM card just in case it's necessary to switch your phones CSC back to continue getting OTAs.
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
I'm not switching cause I don't want to pay double what I'm paying now
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Questions
Tmobile is confirmed as the only US carrier participating with loced devices I believe
0 Likes
user_ams007
Planetary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Questions
You will need to be Reinstated by a Beta Community manager, if you switch carriers when using the beta firmware you will not be able to access the Forum
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
I saw this type of move create massive problems during last year's beta. individuals who did this had to get moderators involved to fix the problems.
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Even if the phone is unlocked
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
if I recall correctly