Original topic:

Dex mode

(Topic created: 10-18-2023 12:26 PM)
ProfSoap
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Hello,
I was just wondering in dex mode is the resolution fixed at 1080p or can it go higher? My cable and monitor both support 2560x1440p but on Dex it opens up in 1080p.
Let me know, thanks
3 Replies
Options
Questions
If I remember correctly, under the settings menu specifically for Samsung Dex there should be an option (possibly under "Labs" or something similar) to allow different resolutions to be chosen (this also might be located under developer options). You should then be able to change the resolution in the Dex settings menu; I was able to change the resolution to 2160p for my LG 4K OLED which, after years of it upscaling 1080p, looked infinitely better.
I'm not sure if this works if you're using Dex wirelessly though; I use a 3rd party hub that I got off of Amazon so that I could connect through HDMI and connect an Ethernet cable directly to my router. This also allows me to directly connect other stuff like my printer (my S23U and my HP printer, regardless of what printer plugin I'm using, have never worked well together wirelessly for some reason) , SD cards, external hard drive, wireless (non-bluetooth) keyboard and mouse, etcetera (though both my keyboard and mouse are Bluetooth).
Sorry if that was a bit more than you asked for, I just wanted to make sure I covered some possible follow-up stuff. I'll try to post a link to the hub that I purchased just in case you're interested (though there are plenty of affordable options). Also, please update if you are successful in your endeavor.
ProfSoap
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Hmm I see I see, that could be an option too, I'll keep it un mind. On my tab on multistar I could increase the resolution so I'll wait till multistar is unplugged 🙂