Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Downgrade failed on S23 Ultra

(Topic created: 08-22-2023 07:34 PM)
userkEAd2YpI0e
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I was trying to downgrade the one ui 6 beta. Once I got to the screen of downloading the software to my phone. Then, it said failed. Smart switch asked me to go to the recovery mode. I went to the recovery mode and plug the cabe back to the PC. Nothing happened. Please kindly help. Thanks! 
16 Replies
Claykin
Galaxy
Options
Questions
Did you withdraw from the beta? This is your first step. After that connect your device to Smart Switch and use the recovery to restore your phone to Android 13. You will lose all personal data so be sure to backup your data prior to starting recovery.
0 Likes
userkEAd2YpI0e
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Yes. I did withdraw first. Then I got stuck with downloading the software to my phone. I tried the instructions provided on screen. I tried different laptops different cables and all no good. 20230822_225920_1000000021_1692762958.jpg20230822_230238_1000000022_1692762968.jpg
Claykin
Galaxy
Options
Questions
Is your Smart switch the latest version?
0 Likes
userkEAd2YpI0e
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Yes. When I started Smart Switch. It asked me to update it to the latest version and which I did.
0 Likes
Nicole62
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I'm having the same issue
userkEAd2YpI0e
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Sad. I just went to the Samsung store for repair. They tried to downgrade it from their end. No luck. I was told I only have 2 options. 1. Wait for the official release. 2. Call Samsung 800 number to send it back to have the motherboard replaced. Sigh
0 Likes
Claykin
Galaxy
Options
Questions
Staff at the Samsung store usually has little technical knowledge. Have you tried to do a factory reset of the device then try again with Smart Switch?

You could always download the latest software image and use ODIN to restore back to Android 13.
0 Likes
userkEAd2YpI0e
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I did factory reset and tried the downgraded. Still no luck. Not too familiar with ODIN. I don't want to ruin the warranty.
0 Likes
Claykin
Galaxy
Options
Questions
My suspicion is there's either an issue with oneui6 beta 1 or Smart Switch. Since you withdrew from the beta, you won't be offered newer betas. Maybe a Smart Switch update will come out to address the issue. Wish I could help you more. Maybe someone from Samsung can engage you here and push this up the food chain.
0 Likes