Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 -- Unable to update to ZWH3

(Topic created: 08-11-2023 08:32 PM)
cpknupp
Galaxy
Options
Questions

I just found out about the new small beta update for the watches. I went to the Galaxy Wear app and checked for updates. It is able to download the update however for some reason when it's ready to copy the update to my watch it just stalls at 0% and despite it auto trying many times it just ends up giving up. 

I can see the Copying Update screen on my watch 4 but the bar doesn't progress and it just says 0% near the right side of the bar.

Any idea why it seems to wanna refuse to update? 

I attached screenshots of what I see. We shall see if it works. 

Thanks.

Screenshot_20230811_233048_sysui.png

ā€ƒ

Screenshot_20230811_233055_Galaxy Watch4 Manager.jpg

ā€ƒ

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
cpknupp
Galaxy
Options
Questions

Ended up turning off Bluetooth and updating via watch rather than phone. Weird but seems to work now.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
Options
Questions

@cpknupp  You might need to clear cache since the app is getting buggy and to do that go to settings, scroll down till you see apps find watch manager then go to storage and clear cache

0 Likes
cpknupp
Galaxy
Options
Questions

Just tried this. No luck..

0 Likes
Options
Questions

@cpknupp  have you tried updating from the galaxy store? If that doesn't work try to reinstall the beta app.

0 Likes
cpknupp
Galaxy
Options
Questions

Made me reset watch. No difference.....

0 Likes
Solution
cpknupp
Galaxy
Options
Questions

Ended up turning off Bluetooth and updating via watch rather than phone. Weird but seems to work now.

0 Likes
Options
Questions

I had to do exactly the same thing when upgrading to the 4th beta. I just updated to the latest ZWH3 (5th beta) via the watch directly, and bypassing the "BT middleman." I have found that by initiating the beta update from the watch, it forces WiFi on the watch to turn on (at least it does on mine as I keep WiFi on the watch OFF to conserve battery.) I just have to remember to turn it off again when the update is complete. 

0 Likes