cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy watch manager crashing - is there a resolution to this ongoing issue?

(Topic created: 10-07-2022 12:42 PM)
Claykin
Comet
Options
Questions
Anyone know how to resolve the watch 4/5 manager crashing everytime the phone wants to send a notification or data to the watch?

I've already tried to uninstall the manager and wear app and setup again. It worked for one day before it began crashing again. 

Still crashing after beta 4 install. I've cleared cache partition. 
Claykin
Comet
Options
Questions
Are you on eSim?
0 Likes
rsfinsrq
Halo
Options
Questions
Yes
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
I got mine working late last night.

unpair my watch from the phone

uninstall Wear app

reinstall the app

the app took me through the setup for the watch

restored my most recent watch backup

so far, no crashes and getting all my notifications. keeping my fingers crossed 🤞🏻
0 Likes
TechyGuy
Halo
Options
Questions
I found a fix for mine. I uninstalled the wear app and the watch manager. Then found the apk one version older and installed that along with the watch plug-in. My watch has now worked for almost a week with no issues where I was resetting daily.
Claykin
Comet
Options
Questions
I may try that as it's getting ridiculous that Samsung can't push out a fixed version. And now that it seems to only impact esim users, chalk up another esim issue. Samsung really has a poor esim implementation. Visual voicemail using the built in app doesn't work if using esim and I've even had issues while roaming while using esim.
0 Likes
TechyGuy
Halo
Options
Questions
This is the version I am using and is working flawless for now Screenshot_20221004_160830_Settings.jpg
Claykin
Comet
Options
Questions
What's weird is the current version of Galaxy Wear app was last updated July 21. How did it work from then till 2 or 3 weeks ago? A monthly security patch messed it up? I guess a rhetorical question.
0 Likes
Claykin
Comet
Options
Questions
And for those of you who say you've managed to fix the crashing, have you tried to reboot your phone? In my case I fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling but that only worked as a fix until I reboot.
rsfinsrq
Halo
Options
Questions
Just rebooted and it started crashing again 😴 I submitted another error report.
0 Likes
Claykin
Comet
Options
Questions
Sorry that I took you down a rabbit hole. Sad that Samsung isn't being communicative about the issue and what they're doing to resolve it.

Seems to be one of the several esim debacles. Next, they need to resolve the esim visual voicemail activation problems.