cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy watch manager crashing - is there a resolution to this ongoing issue?

(Topic created: 10-07-2022 12:42 PM)
Claykin
Comet
Options
Questions
Anyone know how to resolve the watch 4/5 manager crashing everytime the phone wants to send a notification or data to the watch?

I've already tried to uninstall the manager and wear app and setup again. It worked for one day before it began crashing again. 

Still crashing after beta 4 install. I've cleared cache partition. 
29 Replies
userwOKxdurXBy
Constellation
Options
Questions

I'm having the exact same problem described here, and just found this thread. And yes, the eSIM theory is spot on since I started having problems when I switched my Primary SIM to eSIM (I'm using dual SIM). When I switched back to the physical SIM as my Primary SIM, the problem went away.

0 Likes
Claykin
Comet
Options
Questions
The esim implementation in android (or Samsung Galaxy)is poor at best. Samsung should be embarrassed and should remove it until it works properly. Ridiculous.
0 Likes
bassoprofundo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Solved mine instantly by converting back to a physical SIM. No more crashing, no more refusal to connect in Wearable Manager, no more battery drain on both devices. Weird issue...
0 Likes
Claykin
Comet
Options
Questions
I may have to stop at a TMo store for a physical SIM. I've got this issue and the built in visual voicemail that refuses to provision when using esim. And the T-Mobile visual voicemail app is terrible, just terrible so I'm highly interested in getting off of it!
Dj_Damjano
Nebula
Options
Questions
After reading this, seems to be a beta compatibility issue.
Just like Google messages not connecting.
Watch os is Google and eSim depends on Google, so seems like they are not recognizing the beta os as valid.
I have the same issue and opened a ticket as well, but now I see what the issue might be.
0 Likes
Claykin
Comet
Options
Questions
This watch manager crash issue only began a few days after beta 3 was released. Not immediately after beta 3, some days after. If you Google the issue you will find others not on the beta with a suspiciously similar issue. Yes it's limited to WearOS watches but that doesn't mean we can point fingers at Google. The Galaxy Wearable app and the associated Manager app both are published Samsung apps. Sure it could be Google code problems, but it could also be a Samsung specific bug. Either way Samsung should be more transparent given how long this has been going on with zero feedback from them.
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
right around that time there was an update for the (plug-in) manager app, not the whole wear app. that has to have been the trigger.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

This is a known issue and we are working on a solution.

In the meantime, please use the latest Samsung Members app to submit error reports.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program and apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

One Ui Beta Team

0 Likes
Claykin
Comet
Options
Questions
Fix was released today. Open Galaxy Wear and it should prompt to update. Mine has been working ok for a few hours and survived a reboot.
0 Likes
userwOKxdurXBy
Constellation
Options
Questions

Thanks for this info. Is it the update for the plugin, or the actual watch software update?

0 Likes