Original topic:

How to turn off the popup window in "My Files" when copying/moving

(Topic created: yesterday)
HurricaneOleg
Asteroid
Options
Questions

Hello. 

The My Files app suddenly started copying and moving files in a new way, with a popup window that forces me to look for each folder on my phone instead of exiting and then picking the folder I want to copy my files to. I want to know how to turn off this annoying popup window and get back to the old way of copying files, without searching through thousands of folders I have on my phone each time I copy and/or move my files, it's VERY difficult to do and used to take just a moment but now is taking a very long time, impeding my work. I sort through hundreds of files each day, it's becoming close to impossible to be efficient after this stupid update. 

5 Replies
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @HurricaneOleg,

Thank you for your feedback on copying/moving files. 

Unfortunately, this community board is for Watch One UI Beta program.

Please visit our additional communities (Fold/Flip/S series/A series...) for your query.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team 

0 Likes
Jimten
Constellation
Options
Questions

I agree 100% with this comment. I would really like to be able to turn off this new feature as it is extremely irritating and time consuming.

Members_WptkpU5
Constellation
Options
Questions

I have a temporary solution. Go to settings, my apps, my files, and in the top right with the 3 dots click "uninstall updates". It'll factory reset that app WITHOUT losing data/information (I've tried and tested it). At least you can go back to the OG version where you can move stuff without that annoying popup until they update the app in the future. Also don't forget to turn off auto updates on it so it doesn't get the same problem in the future.

useruBatYZ4U6m
Asteroid
Options
Questions

Good suggestion, but did not work for me. 

I un-installed the update, restarted phone, and pop-up remained.

0 Likes
Members_WptkpU5
Constellation
Options
Questions

Did it auto update? Because that happened to me until I went into the app settings on the Play store and turned OFF the auto updates

0 Likes