Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Lock Screen Stuck at 60 Hz

(Topic created: 08-07-2022 06:49 AM)
JFMeeks
Constellation
Options
Questions
Any one else notice that the lock screen is stuck on 60 Hz despite adaptive motion smoothness turned on after updating to One UI 5? It's jarring to interact with notifications on the lock screen now when I'm used to everything else running very smoothly at up to 120 Hz. 

If you want to test this, real time screen refresh rate can be viewed by going into Developer Options and turning on "Show refresh rate". 

Haven't seen anyone else mention this so I wanted to make sure it wasn't just me. 
4 Replies
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Questions
Mine only caps to 96 and then when it is unlocked it goes down to 24
0 Likes
JFMeeks
Constellation
Options
Questions
Which device are you using? Are you using any refresh rate override apps, like Galaxy Max Hz?

I found that if I force my refresh rate to "High" instead of Adaptive (by using Action Dashboard in Developer Options) my lock screen will cap at 96 Hz as well, but it introduces an annoying color shifting in the display when the refresh rate changes.
0 Likes
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Questions
I don't use any apps to change my refresh rate. I don't see a color shift when I unlock my display though.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,

Please erase the device cache using steps below. If issue persists, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Side key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Side key to restart the device.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes