Original topic:

Messaging on Android 13 beta

(Topic created: 09-13-2022 02:13 PM)
useryWAsNn9cBQ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody else has issues sending sms/mms messages over wifi. I hit send it continues to say sending then fails. I have to hit retry and then it will resend. I did clear cache in the app. The other question does os 12 and os 13 use the same version of messaging app. 

Thanks

10 Replies
CalCorCol
Halo
Options
Questions
When this happens. Turn the sim card off, then back on. It reconnects chat services.

This happens to me sometimes. Not as much as in beta 1.

useryWAsNn9cBQ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Thanks for the update and info. I will definitely check that out.
Thanks
0 Likes
useryWAsNn9cBQ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Hi, calcolcol. I did try your solution so far, and it seems to be working. I also did delete cache as I read this, It also might help. Thanks for this
Dj_Damjano
Galaxy
Options
Questions
I'm assuming that's on Google messages, correct?
The solution provided works. If you go under settings, chat features, you should see that it is stuck in connecting.
I'm sure this is due to beta and should go back to normal after it.
Many Google apps don't work or have issues when in beta OS software
0 Likes
useryWAsNn9cBQ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Yes. It is with Google messaging. Thanks for the update. I will definitely take a look at this. The one thing I did read to clear the app cache and restart. That worked so i thought. Today it did the same thing.
Thanks again
0 Likes
traviswhayne
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Actually I submitted a report to Samsung as it is separate issue from the general chat issue with RCS and according to Samsung Support they have fixed it for the next build.
0 Likes
useryWAsNn9cBQ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Thanks for the update.
0 Likes
gyrlonfilm
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Yes, same issue. It gets stuck on sending. Then fails. It has me select send as sms/mms on every message. Pictures seem to go through just fine bylut text doesn't. And it only happens with people I know who have samsung phones as well.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello, @useryWAsNn9cBQ 

Please try the suggestions made by @CalCorCol . If the issue persists, please send us an error report. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team.