Did you mean: 

Original topic:

One UI 6 Intune Enrollment Issue

(Topic created: 12-13-2023 04:39 PM)
jkusler
Constellation
Options
Questions

Hello there.  I think this problem is so new that we may be posting about it as one of the first.  We usually supply our Android device users with a Samsung Galaxy S22 cell phone.  We have our Android devices entered into our Android Enterprise system by Verizon when we order the devices.  Once we receive them they get powered on and the initial setup screens proceed.  We use Intune as our MDM.

When the initial setup commences, a little ways in, after activation, a screen comes requiring the user to log on with their Microsoft/AD account creds. However at that point it no longer moves along to complete the initial setup. 

Instead it fails and won't enroll the device and continue with setup.  If reset the device and try again its the same.  Until the devices came along with One UI6 on them, we did not have this issue.

Anyone have an idea what may be happening with this?  As I mentioned we use the Samsung Galaxy S22 Smartphone-Android 14.

Thank you for any and all comments, assistance, information.

Best regards,

James

1 Reply
AniJapster
Constellation
Options
Questions

James - I am also experiencing the exact same issue in my enviornment.  It is happening with the Samsung Galaxy S22 and S23 series (including the Ultras).  Also an Intune enviornment.

I have pinpointed it to Android 14 update with Samsung OneUI 6 version.  Thru numerous troubleshooting and attempts, I was able to get the device to get past the same error screen by using the SIM data instead of WiFi.

On the S23 Ultra - the device auto restarted when it landed on the error screen you described. Once it booted back up, it was at the home screen and actually enrolled which was weird.

The S22/23 device - it just fails; but only on WiFi.  When using just the SIM data instead, it stalls, but then it eventually gets to the homescreen but it is not enrolled and it is basically a personal device at that point.

I am hoping a fix comes out soon as this is crippling for our users enterprise wide.

0 Likes