Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Power Consumption

(Topic created: 12-18-2021 10:59 AM)
NickBudro
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Since the beta release, I've noticed an increase in battery drain, and slower recharge rate. Is this a known issue? Any suggestions/tips? 
0 Likes
9 Replies
userBTfTKoZU3V
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Me too.
0 Likes
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Questions
Absolutely no issues. In fact, battery life might be even better. No issues with recharge rate either. Read my comment above and see if you can trouble shoot the issue.
kovaB
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Fa real thought you ain't lying
0 Likes
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Questions
No issues here on my SM-975U1
0 Likes
Irishgiant82
Asteroid
Options
Questions
The only way that I know to give yourself better battery for now is to lower your screen resolution. And I'm using the batter setting that sets charging maximum to 85% that then pauses charging. Just in case it needs to be said, use also the battery saver function.
0 Likes
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Questions
Absolutely no issues. In fact, battery life might be even better. No issues with recharge rate either.

Read my comment above and see if you can trouble shoot the issue. It may be Rouge third party apps causing sync issues or background crashing due to them not being fully compatible with the beta yet.
0 Likes
Solution
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @NickBudro ,

Please erase the device cache using steps below. If issue persists, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Side key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Side key to restart the device.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Questions
This clears up so many issues most of the time. This is always my first suggestion.
0 Likes
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Questions
No issues here whatsoever. Maybe even better.
Have you looked to see what apps are using the most battery. Sometimes, with beta builds, you get third party apps that aren't fully compatible with the build so they continuously cause errors or crash or try to sync. Therefore using more battery.
0 Likes