Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Reactivation Lock

(Topic created: 10-20-2022 05:29 AM)
Cannonb87
Halo
Options
Questions
I know that samsung find my gear/phone has a reactivation lock feature as I used it on my previous galaxy watches. I can not seem to find it for my watch 5. Is it me?
0 Likes
6 Replies
KBWolf
Comet
Options
Questions
No I looked for the same thing when I got a Galaxy Watch 3 (cross referenced with Gear S3 menu so I knew where to look). Seems like they removed it for some reason.
0 Likes
Cannonb87
Halo
Options
Questions
That really sucks if they did. Fingers crossed it was removed only for the beta.
0 Likes
KBWolf
Comet
Options
Questions
I saw this before the beta (I think in One UI 3 actually) so it's unlikely. It was a good feature to have. Wonder if on Wear OS watches that you need to have the original Google account sign in before you're able to set up though (similar to phones).
0 Likes
Cannonb87
Halo
Options
Questions
Shouldn't be the case. I have used activation lock to secure my Galaxy watches since the watch 3. I just traded in my watch 3 and was required to remove it and still have the activation lock on my watch 4 but the watch 5 is all gone. I think activation lock is a great security feature. It is the security of the devices to its owner that, in my eyes, makes the difference between Apple and samsung device and data security.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,
Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Cannonb87
Halo
Options
Questions
I'm sorry but what are you suggesting? Your second statement does not make sense.
0 Likes