Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Smart View Developer Options - still broken in One UI 6

(Topic created: 11-20-2023 07:45 PM)
user4BWaR1hru9
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I use the Z Fold 4 in tandem with my Galaxy Book 3 360 and when I had One UI 5.1 on my Z Fold 4, the Smart View Developer Options were clearly accessible using the method of access suggested by Samsung, specifically:

1. Settings > Connected Devices
2. Select Smart View
3. Tap on Ellipses button at the top right and select Settings
4. Select About Smart View from the menu that appears
5. When you see the About Smart View Screen with the version number, tap on it repetitively about 10 times until the pop-up text box appeared and enter the proper password to access the Developer Options

Ever since One UI 5.1.1 though this has been broken/quasi inaccessible. Therefore, I wanted to reach out on here to see if anyone has had luck seeing this on One UI 6 Beta as yet in a fixed state? I've already provided Beta Feedback to this degree and am awaiting response from Samsung on this but I thought to check once on here too. Thanks in advance.
4 Replies
Vtwalk
Halo
Options
Questions
Didn't work for me on yesterday. Had to plug the phone in the 2nd device by direct connection
user4BWaR1hru9
Asteroid
Options
Questions
That's ludicrous for a world where wireless connectivity should exist
StillFresh
Constellation
Options
Questions

This Very Bad

MikePainterPro
Constellation
Options
Questions

I agree. The worst part is that this issue really only affects the fold devices. All of Samsungs other phone still seem able to do this. It's more like they took time to disable this feature on z fold devices.

We're basically being punished for having an $1800 phone.