Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Too Much Stuff

(Topic created: 09-05-2022 03:36 AM)
ljhgeist
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
I've been thinking about doing a factory reset on my S22 Ultra. I got it this post spring and never really set it up exactly how I wanted it, I just downloaded a **bleep**-ton of apps. 

Most get uninstalled when I try them and don't like them, but then ones I kinda like get a place on my phone "in case I ever, someday, maybe want to use it."

- My eye shield setting won't come on as scheduled anymore, 
- my edge lighting doesn't work,
- my screen timeout won't let me change it from 10 minutes to 2 minutes. I try but it always goes right back to 10 min which is causing my battery to drain fast because I don't always notice the screen is still on. 
- the phone randomly restarts itself
- in some apps typing on the keyboard is infuriating. When I type, the letters show up one by one and 2 seconds apart from each other. So it takes 8 seconds to type a four letter word

There are a few other problems but I don't remember them just now. I don't know if any of these area from the Beta or if they are happening because I've got so much useless stuff on my phone that's it's confused. 

Thoughts? Reset? Don't Reset? 
0 Likes
7 Replies
pharmabomb
Galaxy
Options
Questions
Reset
racedog
Halo
Options
Questions
Sounds like YOU messed up the phone badly. Time for a reset.
ljhgeist
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Ha ha ha ya I know. That was my point. I don't think anything can run properly with all the stuff I've put on here
0 Likes
Options
Questions
Have you cleared the cache partition? Ran the Good Guardian's Galaxy App Booster?
0 Likes
ljhgeist
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Sorry for the late reply. spent a week in wedding panic mode. Or rather my daughter did...I was doing the work she was having anxiety attacks. Lol

No I have not tried that. I don't remember how to do it and I've never heard of that app booster. I think the next comment has instructions
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,
Please erase the device cache using steps below. If issue persists, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.
1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
6. Press Side key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Side key to restart the device.
Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
ljhgeist
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Thank you. I will try that tomorrow. The eye shield fixed itself but the screen time out refuses to let me change it
0 Likes