Did you mean: 

Original topic:

VZW 5G

(Topic created: 08-21-2022 05:51 AM)
Moosc
Comet
Options
Questions
Okay I came across I setting to disable 5g and just use 4g instead. It wasn't in the normal spot you'd think it would be. For life of me I can't refund it now.  When I hit search it says developer menu. But I can't find it. Does any know the alternative location for disabling 5g and running just 4g?
8 Replies
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Questions
Verizon doesn't allow you to disable the 5g go to Play Store and download Samsung Band Selection and you will be able to disable the 5g
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
That makes me mad cause I have an unlocked phone and the moment I put the Verizon sim card in I lost network mode. Like the carriers shouldn't be allowed to mess or alter with an unlocked device
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Questions
Yes, but the beauty of it, is you can bounce around without fear cuz when VZW''s Sim card has exited the tray, you are still a free agent to come & go as you please among the wireless carriers without the hesitation of waiting for a lifetime (it seems) for a provider's unlock code instructions. es
0 Likes
Moosc
Comet
Options
Questions
LoL there is a away. And Samsung band isn't working. I came across it by accident.
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
It doesn't let you select specific bands but you can change ut from 5G to LTE
Moosc
Comet
Options
Questions
I found it it's under sims. Screenshot_20220821_103403_Settings_1000000756_1661092444.jpgScreenshot_20220821_103340_Settings_1000000754_1661092420.jpgScreenshot_20220821_103353_Settings_1000000755_1661092433.jpg
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Mine doesn't have that and I have an unlocked phone with a Verizon sim. I lost stuff when I put the sim card in. Carriers shouldn't be allowed to alter unlocked phones
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Questions
I have a solution for you, if you don't succeed at finding the toggle(as it is on my T-mobile variant, on the same connections page as the data limits and sim card manager), but look on Verizons web portal for APN settings they should be amongst the self-help venues and every carrier has an APN for 4g & 4g LTE, but excluding 5g, as this setting usually is for pre-paid devices/accounts. For instance, t-mobiles 5g (latest APN) it's header is labeled "T-Mobile US LTE", then, just under that, their APN is titled, "fast.t-mobile.com", whereas their 4g/4g LTE APN header begins with just T-Mobile, then just below their 4g/4g LTE APN is labeled, "epc-tmobile.com. I'm certain VZW has got a very similar setup, and if not here's a link you can use in lieu of searching a wireless providers's all inclusive to everyone, regardless of one's skillset, blah blah, blah. You're aware I'm sure, when you're copying and pasting up this alternate APN, soon to be saved by you soon long as you got it 100% exact, there's no reason not to hang onto it, as I did what you're stepping in now a few months back cuz my 5g signal was walking off & on just waterboarding my battery and as turned out my data speeds at a decent 4g/4g LTE signal were embarrassingly far better than the off/on again (weaker) 5g signal, plus the device wasn't doing it's switching back and forth anymore, thus saving my battery life! (the end)!🤪 Lol 😜es (here you go, hope it helps you solve it, https://www.4gapn.com/us/en/verizon
0 Likes