cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

What's The Concensus On Using Google's Phone, Messaging Apps vs. Samsung ?

(Topic created: 08-22-2022 01:56 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Questions
I came back to Samsung handsets recently thanks to Sammy's S22 Ultra 512Gb offering and the awesome $800 trade-in received on my struggling Pixel 6 Pro Unlocked! Glad to be back in the mix of things here, and to be part of the One UI 5.0 Beta program!
My question is am I doing wrong by not currently using Google's Phone and Messaging/Chat (Jibe) app, as a few of 'em kinda tagged along when I left Google's Android 13 Beta group before taking the t-mobile promotion, the goal there being to grind it back to the latest A-12 build (on my P6P Unlocked) so I could do the device to device data transfer more efficiently/effectively. 
Just curious what most folks are currently doing on that, especially if they were in a similar situation as mine? Currently, I have the Google Equivalents (Phone & Chat) standing by, as I've been going along with the Samsung defaults there, even with knowing the Google apps are more "endowed" with stock & beta features (I'm beta status on those 2 apps, and several more not currently flagged as "default").
I welcome any and all comments (mod's & ambassadors too, if time), suggestions, or advice on these points that I've been pondering a minute or 2, while using the One UI 5.0 Beta.
Hope to hear from a couple of 'ya, & thanks again in advance. es

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Questions
Nope, I'm English only, living in the USA (Florida). es
0 Likes
DrFed
Comet
Options
Questions
T Mobile s22 has Google Messages skinned for One UI, so it seems like Samsung is moving towards the Google specific app becoming the stock and preferred messaging app
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Questions
Thanks, didn't see your input til just now. es
0 Likes
egor0128
Comet
Options
Questions
I thought this was a interesting subject. Good read
user5GFWIdLKEX
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I tried Google messages and I didn't like it, so I went back to the Samsung apps ,I like them better.
0 Likes
egor0128
Comet
Options
Questions
By the way I also got the 512 gb. I love it I have plenty of room .I was concerned about not having a sd card
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Questions
exactly!
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,

Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Questions
So, just to be sure I got it right, Google's Messages was a preload on all Galaxy S22 Ultra's or at least this is true on T-Mobile's carrier version?!
If so, that's cool as I've been thinking it's something I mucked-up doing the data transfer gimmick instead of opting-in on setting her up as a new handset. Please advise, if you're aware, it's just for my noodle?!🤔
egor0128
Comet
Options
Questions
Well I also have a different watch. Witch by the way runs on android yes I'm a Google kind of guy
0 Likes