cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

What's The Concensus On Using Google's Phone, Messaging Apps vs. Samsung ?

(Topic created: 08-21-2022 03:09 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Questions
I came back to Samsung handsets recently thanks to Sammy's S22 Ultra 512Gb offering and the awesome $800 trade-in received on my struggling Pixel 6 Pro Unlocked! Glad to be back in the mix of things here, and to be part of the One UI 5.0 Beta program!
My question is am I doing wrong by not currently using Google's Phone and Messaging/Chat (Jibe) app, as a few of 'em kinda tagged along when I left Google's Android 13 Beta group before taking the t-mobile promotion, the goal there being to grind it back to the latest A-12 build (on my P6P Unlocked) so I could do the device to device data transfer more efficiently/effectively. 
Just curious what most folks are currently doing on that, especially if they were in a similar situation as mine? Currently, I have the Google Equivalents (Phone & Chat) standing by, as I've been going along with the Samsung defaults there, even with knowing the Google apps are more "endowed" with stock & beta features (I'm beta status on those 2 apps, and several more not currently flagged as "default").
I welcome any and all comments (mod's & ambassadors too, if time), suggestions, or advice on these points that I've been pondering a minute or 2, while using the One UI 5.0 Beta.
Hope to hear from a couple of 'ya, & thanks again in advance. es

0 Likes
21 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
short answer: there is no consensus. fwiw, I use and prefer Samsung's offerings.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Questions
that's me too
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Questions
I use Samsungs apps because Google doesn't really have anything I need and its missing options that Samsung has that I do use
KBWolf
Comet
Options
Questions
IMO Google phone is not great, I do not like the UI of it compared to Samsung's phone app.
As far as messages are concerned, I couldn't get RCS working on my unlocked phone with T-Mobile. Not only that but I don't think Samsung offers end to end encryption for RCS which is a very nice feature. Again though, from the time I used Samsung messages, I really enjoyed the UI more than Google's UI.
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Questions
I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain RCS offers end to end encryption, and that Samsung is using the same implementation that Google is.
egor0128
Comet
Options
Questions
Ok I don't now much but I use Google to me they do me right after all the s22 ultra is a android phone that's just me
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Questions
I appreciate everyone's input thus far...the main reason I was checking with you all is that the Google messages app shouldn't be here (meaning, installed) that I should've set up my Galaxy as a New Device (I know better, smh)!? I wouldn't have this issue I've got with the random switching back and forth from Samsung to Google messages, yup, the default app has been back & forth I kid you not (& no, I ain't been drinking yet, scout's honor). Lol
That's after setting the default app back to Samsung at least a half a dozen times a day, depending on my usage. I've got the Google app practically rendered helpless, only somewhat disabled, but not all of it, you know how they do us here.
Could someone confirm yes or no with me sometime if Google's Messages app was a preload deal on their device...I'd appreciate it. ty, es I1
0 Likes
Moosc
Comet
Options
Questions
I have mine set up just like my pixel 6pro. No issues.
Options
Questions
Was this post translated from another language?