Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Android 13 Player

(Topic created: 10-20-2022 06:22 AM)
Options
Suggestions
Several have asked for the new Android 13 player be integrated into One UI 5.
I agree! 

Posting again. Hit the like button if would like it too.

Perhaps, if we get enough likes Samsung will consider! 
9 Replies
changepas39
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
The new media player was what I was looking forward to most and so far One UI 5 has let me down.
cory00
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Same here
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
Samsung doesn't want to mimic another app or function input. While I get the want, if they copied Pixel's media player, it would raise questions about being original.

The most expensive Pixel is going for $899 with similar hardware specs with Samsung being a bit better in the camera part. People would be wondering if spending $300 more for the 128g/8g of RAM version of ultra over the 128gig/12g for the Pixel 7 Pro for $899 is worth it.

Then consider if Samsung copied some of Pixel's cool functions. Like people see they'd be spending more for the same things for far more money. Then there's the regular Pixel 7 for $599.

I do however feel that these betas of the UI 5.0 are underwhelming and offer nothing remarkably different or innovative. It feels more like UI 4.1 to 4.5 than a whole revamped OS system in the overall UI series.
SuperBoop
Sun
Options
Suggestions
I agree. But I wonder if we're getting to the point soon where Android will be completely polished and just as flush as iOS is. My point is what more can they REALLY add? Maybe better sensors and optimization but optimization can be in the monthly updates Samsung sends out. Maybe a better processor but those seem like minor things in my opinion. Especially since we have phones from a few years ago that will still work hella fast. It's starting to get a similar vibe to how Apple does software updates. No huge OS change except for a security patch here and there. That's my take on it.
0 Likes
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
No OS will ever be completely polished as there will always be issues. iOS has issues but what sets Apple apart is that it's their own OS, their ecospgere from design, manufacturing, shipping to customer. So they have control of the whole Apple marketing and product systems.

My whole point is that Samsung's UI overlay on the android OS is not getting creative and innovative. This latest iteration may be the most unremarkable UI I've ever from Samsung when making an fresh attractive OS.

The hardware has so much power but little it being added to make it standout unlike it did from 4.0 to 4.1. 3.xx to 4.0 may be the most noticeable update for Samsung.

I hope they reading this because 5 betas in (this is the most I've ever seen) and nothing really stands out.
Options
Suggestions
My understanding is that the media player is for Android 13 so any phone could have it and not specific to Pixel. Why not take the best of the best that the Android ecosystem has to offer?
That's what a premium phone should have. If Samsung has a better design then go with it.
In the case of the media player, they don't, which of course is subjective. Hence the post to poll how many people would like to have the Android 13 player on their Samsung devices.
Every company should listen to their customers and the purpose of the beta forum is for testing AND input from customers.

Perhaps you can start a different thread to poll how many people would feel like their Samsung flagship phone is somehow devalued if they had the Android 13 media player? I doubt their would be a lot of likes on that one as people want what they want.

Keep hitting the like button people if you want to get Samsung's attention and possibly sway them to go with the Android 13 player!
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
Read the part where I said, "Samsung doesn't want to mimic another app or function input."

Android is Google, so the features like that cool media player, are Google products/creations.
0 Likes
Options
Suggestions
Do you work for Samsung?
Seriously, this is a poll to see who wants Android 13 player. That's it!

By the way, Samsung is partnering with Google. Hence we have Google Messages as standard install on Samsung flagship phones. Pretty sure Google Messages is a Google product, yes? That's not mimicking it's adopting and integrating.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello ,
Thank you for your feedback.
If you haven’t already, Please update Samsung Members app to latest version from the Galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes