cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Battery Drain Appears to Be Quicker After Wipe Cache Partition (Based from what I've noticed)

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Archie_05
Constellation
Options
Suggestions

Hi. I'm new here. Can please someone here explain what seems to be the issue here? I got a Samsung A73 5G, and here you can see my battery activity within a week. Since July 7, my battery seems to have taken longer to consume. Take note that I have also disabled most of my app's background data usage, especially the apps coming from Samsung for that I can safely say that it really helps the battery life (you would notice from July 7 - July 9) . The reason I did Wipe Cache Partition is that my phone started to get laggy from July 11 and staring July 12, after I fully charged it consume 2% in less than an hour without using it and from what I've read here in the community, doing Wipe Cache Partition can boost performance (which worked from my observation), and it is mainly said that it can also reduce the battery drain, but it seems to me that after I've done it, it makes it worse.

This is just my observation and I notice from the graph it did a huge impact after wipe cache partition since July 11.

This is also my first time doing Wipe Cache Partition.

Tell me whether this is typical or if there is anything else that can be done. Thank you.

Jul 7.jpgJul 8.jpgJul 9.jpgJul 10.jpgJul 11.jpgJul 12.jpgJul 13.jpg

0 Likes
1 Reply
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @Archie_05,

Thank you for your interest in Beta program.

Cache wiping method may temporarily increase the performance for watch, as it deletes unused app data/system file residues, but it may not be helpful if your device needs more storage. 

Another recommendation would be to factory data reset your watch (after backup) to clear out your any unnecessary files in the storage. 

Regards,

One UI Beta Team 

0 Likes