Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Gestures/Gesture Bar update

(Topic created: 09-26-2022 07:43 AM)
Vexy
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Make the gesture bar transparent (not the line itself just the black bar that comes with the line when scrolling down application) this is a good way to make the screen edge to edge and keeping the gesture bar visible. 
Another suggestion please improve the quick app switching gesture when gesture hints are turned off, it's almost impossible to actually use it to switch apps because it doesn't fully switch to the other app and don't get me started if you decide to put on a screen protector it's practically impossible, even when touch sensitivity is turned on in the settings. This has to be a bug of some kind right? No way it's intentional.
4 Replies
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
The only thing I can think why it wouldn't be a good idea to make it transparent, is that then gesture icons could mix with text/backgrounds. That would make that area of text like a misprint. Then if the background is close to the gesture icons they'd be hard to see.

I'm just thinking out loud here.
0 Likes
JPlaid
Star
Options
Suggestions
Apple doesn't have this issue as far as I'm aware, and they make their gesture bar surrounds strictly transparent. The gesture surround is strictly an Android thing it seems, and I don't know why that is.
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
As far as I know, the spacing on the gesture bar is a restriction by Google.
The quick app switch gesture has never worked for me, either using Google or Samsungs gestures. Not sure who's fault that one is but it's definitely a bug
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes