Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Google Assistant in Recent Tabs

(Topic created: 09-23-2021 04:10 PM)
d4raxx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
A small suggestion for Google Assistant which I think you can actually change about it. Can you make Google Assistant not abother Tab when you use it or call it. When i mean tab i meant like the same thing like "task changer" from good lock. So, recent tabs when you hold the line gesture up and brings up recent tabs i would like Google Assistant to not be a recent tab since its not really an app but just of course an assistant to talk to if you need something quick from it. Sometimes it does get annoying when Google assistant is in the way in recent tabs when im trying to go to previous app but Google assistant is in the way so i need to remove it 1st. Solution for that is to not make it a tab.
2 Replies
User5741
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Yes it should be a background task that doesn't appear in the recent apps list for closing. I think that all the voice assistants should be like this. They shouldn't be considered apps that can be closed.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @d4raxx ,

Only way to not show an app in Recents is  by setting the <activity> attribute, android:excludeFromRecents to true which has to be done by google. Please reach out to Google to their support channels.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes