Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Lock Notifications on Lock Screen

(Topic created: 08-07-2022 09:05 PM)
kyL397
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Can there be a lock screen option / setting that prevents anyone from dismissing or interacting with notifications from the lockscreen until the phone is unlocked?
0 Likes
5 Replies
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

You can change the Notifications settings for Lock Screen.  

Please go to Settings > Lock Screen > Notifications.  You can change the Hide content setting to On .

Thank you!

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
kyL397
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Oh sorry maybe I didn't quite explain what I meant right.

Even though you can hide the content, you can still swipe away any notifications even if the device is locked.

I was hoping users could have a setting that wouldn't allow you to do so until the device was unlocked. Moreso, that the notification content can be un-hidden after unlocking.

What I'm asking is a feature similar to on iOS/ iPhone where you can interact and view notifications after FaceID unlock.

This was a feature apparently in the Android 10 beta that got removed unfortunately.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

I apologize for misunderstanding. 

Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

kyL397
Comet
Options
Suggestions
No worries! And thanks for helping with the Beta go smoothly
kyL397
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I searched and realized that @Rubino and @zachary86 talked about this in an earlier post (I would link post if I could)

"Currently we only have the option to hide or show the contents of notifications on lock screen (detail mode). It will be nice if the hidden contents can be shown when the phone has detected the presence of the registered face. "
0 Likes