Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Merge Extra dim with the brightness slider

(Topic created: 08-27-2022 02:32 PM)
stickhudsee-us
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions

Would be cool to be able to manage Extra dim directly from the main brightness slider, without it being separate. For example, when you move the slider towards very low brightness values, extra dim is automatically activated and gradually increased based on the brightness slider. From a UI/UX point of view, you could make the slider go "below 0", in which case Extra dim kicks in and adjusts gradually based on the slider. From 255 to 0 "normal" brightness is adjusted, under 0 the brightness stays to 0 and Extra dim gets enabled and the Extra dim intensity is adjusted instead.

7 Replies
Jus-X
Halo
Options
Suggestions
Totally. Or a toggle on each side of the slider that would activate full brightness or extra dim.
User5741
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I don't know why it's just not integrated straight into the sliding bar. Why have an option to enable or disable it in the first place? Just make the sliders minimum and max brightness higher its really that simple. Then you will have a clean look without all these unnecessary buttons.
stickhudsee-us
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions

Exactly, I fully agree with you! Sometimes they complicate things by adding separate settings when they could just unify everything.

Also, in the way it is implemented currently you can enable Extra dim with ANY brightness value: for example, you can enable Extra dim with brightness maxed out. Doesn't make any sense! They should really merge it with the brightness slider, it would also be more user-friendly.

0 Likes
MrBungle
Halo
Options
Suggestions
I agree! Should just be part of slider. It's really not a feature or should not be treated as an event. I don't need to fumble around in bed looking for the "extra dim feature" in bed when I can just slide it all the way to left.
Options
Suggestions
Great idea
userODVo0mlcKa
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
This would be great
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes