Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

One UI Suggestions

(Topic created: 09-16-2021 11:02 AM)
mbuelv24
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
After having the initial beta for a few days, these are suggestions that I have.

1. The animations need to be buttery smooth. They look nice but they stutter, even more so than previous versions of One UI. This is one of the biggest complaints I've seen about this skin of Android, so please get these animations smooth.

2. Devices and Media Output. This setup in the notification shade is bad for several reasons: There are several ways to access devices, including smartthings and the general Bluetooth quick setting. For media controls, you guys have just added media output to those notifications so it seems unnecessary to have it remain in the notification shade.

I think here, the option to disable either that whole setup or at least disable one option at a time would be a nice feature to add to the settings, to reduce clutter. Additionally, I think that it would be better served to have an option to have the media controls show up where that section is taking place when playing audio and when audio isn't playing, to have the standard device/media output options.

I also think that this would be a place where showing all devices logged into a Samsung account shows up with the battery percentage. As of right now, I cannot see my tablet's battery or another phone connected to my account. I can see one smartwatch if it's connected to my phone. There should be a feature to check in on ALL devices, not just a hand full connected at one time.

Finally, I think that instead of opening an app to access those features (when you click on devices or media output), it should show up in the notification shade itself like any other setting you click on in the notification shade. It makes the experience less appealing when it opens up separately.

3. Grammarly. The new keyboard experience, in my opinion, is fantastic. However, with the addition of grammarly, whenever it underlines text, the way to edit the text without deleting everything that is there is tedious. For example, if I went back over my typing and noticed a typo where an extra letter was added in the middle of the word, I could go to that and delete that extra letter with having to retype the whole word or wait for a suggestion or tap the word 6 times. This is bad, especially since the delete option is so close underneath the word or phrase that it could be deleted accidentally. If this could be a focus, that would be awesome.

4. Samsung Messages. Samsung's message deserves special attention when it comes to animations because they have always have stutters and lags. This definitely needs to be a focus. Especially now, since opening conversations that have a custom image stutters heavily.

Also, I saw mentioned elsewhere that it would be nice to name Group Chats in messages. I second that strongly second that; as previously mentioned, every other messages app has this feature.

There are a few more things that should be addressed (obviously), such as Material You being a more integral part of the experience and battery drain issues. However, I think these suggestions would be good additions to those that everyone else has been mentioning. 
0 Likes
5 Replies
marvin4801
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
I agree they should also make the app icon sharper
0 Likes
bigbad614
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I concur!
0 Likes
chaks
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
You can configure Devices and Media to only show when quick panel is fully expanded. That way, now if you have a music player the media output button becomes useful.
0 Likes
mbuelv24
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
I get that but it's extra buttons that isn't needed when you can do that elsewhere without the extra steps. It somewhat makes using media output as a separate button obsolete which is why I would prefer an option to disable it altogether.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @mbuelv24 ,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. Your suggestions have been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes