Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Pop-up view > Dynamic Island

(Topic created: 09-10-2022 04:35 AM)
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
I think pop-up view could be developed, improved, and optimized to a whole new level and provide similar experiences as the Dynamic Island. 

With pop-up view,
We can move the minimized icon group anywhere on screen, which I really like (not just limited at the top)

We can open apps into multi small pop-up windowsWe can resize and adjust transparency of the window for each app

I think Samsung should develop on this feature on instead of "copying" the Dynamic Island. It has potential to be a really cool, powerful, and useful feature.

One thing to improve it is to make switching between apps easier and smoother (animations are very important).

5 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
Dynamic island is just apples way of implementing a multitasking system similar to floating windows. I think the most appropriate solution is to bring mini floating windows to more apps (like the mini floating timer) and create a way of organizing them into a dock thats combined with the notification tray, allowing you to pull them out into a free-form window or keep it in the dock. Tap the tray to expand the dock and swipe side to side to interact or pull down notifications for normal use. Perhaps also we could see currently everything that's in the dock in the notification tray as well.
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
Totally agree!
0 Likes
DiegoKaku
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Dynamic Island is a NOTCH! it's normalizing the notch, and we are moving to a notch free, full screen experience.
Dynamic NOTCH is a step back! A jump back
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
In addition to the floating group icon, I would like to see it being reduced/minimized into a small docking bar at the bottom/top (like a dock tray similar to the edge panel or something).

However, I prefer it not to be minimized into a small black pill notch near the punch hole. If it were added to the punch hole, what about bringing it to the tablets?
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes