Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Provide an option to change the One UI 6 Quick panel layout to One UI 5.1

(Topic created: 10-08-2023 06:20 PM)
Astronaut01
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions

The One UI 6 Quick panel's layout is not user-friendly, which is concerning. To ensure a seamless experience, it is essential that the Quick panel's layout is reverted back to its previous layout, as seen in version 5.1, or provide an option to choose from the two.

This feedback is directed towards Samsung, as it is within their power to make the necessary changes. It is in the company's best interests to ensure that their customers have a pleasant and user-friendly experience. Therefore, we urge Samsung to take note of this feedback and make the appropriate changes.

9 Replies
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Suggestions
Option to customize it, yes. Reverting to UI 5.1 is not a universal preference.
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Suggestions
Agree. No need to go backwards, but just let the user change any of the buttons to their preferences.
BayouBoy3
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Very good. I totally and highly agree 1000%
Dlpsr
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
How many other options?

I just saw an article where Sammobile accused Samsung of going away from their principles, meaning one handed operation, they in particular picked on the new WiFi and Bluetooth buttons way up top. But liked it otherwise.

They must not have Beta.

There's a one hand setting in settings, by double tap or gesture down of the home button at the bottom, minimizes the quick panel for leftys and rightys and easily reached with a thumb.

There is also a choice in Good Lock for one handed operation+ to assign a side swipe of choice to minimize it.

I think there's a one handed button in the quick panel.

And I believe you can move the old wifi and Bluetooth buttons back into the quick panel if desired, by editing the buttons.amd probably reach them.

There may be other ways, I'm not aware of yet.🤷
JumpingHoses
Nebula
Options
Suggestions
Switching to one hand mode could be used an argument against the whole of OneUI. Why design any of the UI for one handed usage if you can just minimize the screen? Clearly Samsung didn't want that and designed menus with easily reachable elements without needing to resort to that workaround. You don't need beta to see that. One hand mode isn't new.

You cannot edit the position of the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth toggles in expanded quick panel. That's the purpose of the suggestion.
Foss81
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
I haven't looked very hard. But, is there a way to change the color of those buttons without changing the entire ui or theme or pallette colors. How ever you wanna call it lol
0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Suggestions
I have used Theme Park in Good Lock to mod the buttons color. It is currently not available in beta. Once stable version is released, Good Lock tools will be available soon after.
BayouBoy3
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
I changed mine VIA Goodlock. It's available now in Beta. Have fun with it, once you learn the curve it's fun there after. Screenshot_20231024_121429_Microsoft Launcher~2.jpg
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team