Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

RCS for Samsung Messages Application

(Topic created: 09-05-2022 08:26 AM)
Options
Suggestions
I think it would be great to have RCS options available for Samsung messages application. 

The older versions had it, notability my Galaxy S10. I don't have the option now.. I'm using T-mobile/Sprint, in the United States. 

Please look into giving users this option, instead of having to download Google Messages to have it. 

Thank you in advance. 👍🏾🙂

15 Replies
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
Google messages is default in new samsung devices I think they are getting rid of messages
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Suggestions
Hope not, I prefer Samsung
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
It's just a guess. I mean why else would samsung change from their own message app to Google. You can easily download it from the Play store if you want it
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Suggestions
I was thinking of switching to Handcent
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
I used that years ago
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Suggestions
Same
0 Likes
Options
Suggestions
Samsung messages was on my phone when I got my S22 Ultra. Maybe it's because I used smart switch?
0 Likes
SpudMan9510
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Sadly, rcs messages don't work on unlocked phones. Google messages does connect with jibe mobile and will only work with anyone else that uses the same. It would be a great idea if Samsung would allow Samsung messages or Google messages to work with any carrier using rcs. I think that the carriers are blocking this option on unlocked devices
0 Likes
Options
Suggestions
It was working with my unlocked S21 Ultra. That's weird.
0 Likes