Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Samsung Health/ Sleep monitoring

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
PhantomToes
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
I've been using Samsung Health app religiously for about the last 2-3 months. Joined the beta program for my Samsung watch to try some of the new features first and because it brought my older watch up to newest version. 
I use the heath app for all it's features, tracking my food, my workouts, my weight and my sleep. 
I really have to admit that the sleep section of the app has a lot of potential but it is the only part of the app I feel is lacking in its ability to work properly. 
My schedule is always different, like I work 3 days a week sometimes 4. And those 3-4 days are always different. Sometimes weekends too. But with the sleep section I feel it's only beneficial to people working 5 days a week, and a 9-5 type job as the sleep suggestions and ratings are mostly based off that. I really feel that if the option was added to actually "add" your personal sleep schedule to the app, it could give better, more accurate sleep scores. I totally get that my sleep patterns are irregular every day, but I'm still getting 6-8 hours a sleep each night. On top of that, it usually docks me 1 hour of sleep every night saying it took me that long to fall asleep. I'm the type that as soon as I lay down I fall asleep. My guess is that it may take an hour or so for my heart rate to slow down so the app recognizes I'm sleeping. I feel if by adding a custom sleep schedule to it, the integration with the watch and app would "know" when to start looking for sleeping patterns or sometime. Also by adding the customized sleep schedule I wouldn't feel punished by not following the apps recommendations for every day but am still getting sufficient sleep in the irregular schedule. Just thought that would be really helpful for people that have different schedules. 
0 Likes
2 Replies
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion on Sleep schedule improvement. 

We understand that each individual's sleeping schedules are different, yet experts recommend getting "6~8"hours of sleep every day for your body's general well-being (based on Scientific Data). 

Yes, you are also correct about "Sleep data measured for 9-5 type job", as sleeping in total darkness helps the body to "reset the inner body clock". Not to mention sleep consistency including weekend. However, we are all living in a dynamic era where we cannot always get set time of sleep every night, as if we are robots (even if we try to!).

Thank you for your feedback and suggestion on the sleep schedule detection / "Know when to sleep "for users with dynamic work schedule. 

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
PhantomToes
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions

Half the problem is, is that it doesn't recognize me sleeping for an hour or sometimes 2 which is so frustrating.  

Yeah, I have my room dark. Couldn't tell it was daylight with how dark it was.

But an easy fix for the sleeping times for everyone would just make the sleep schedule customizable. Easy fix in my opinion to cater to everyone not just 9 to 5ers. How many nurses or policemen work crazy hours? Just makes sense to me. 

0 Likes