Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung cloud disappeared from s22 ultra after reset

(Topic created: 10-11-2023 06:10 PM)
sendo427
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Hi I had Samsung cloud app on my s22 ultra and last night I did a reset because I was having problems with the beta update and after that I kept getting a message saying that Samsung cloud wasn't supported on my device and that it can only run in the background and then after that it just disappeared and so I don't know what the heck is going on. And I googled Samsung cloud disappeared and I saw that Samsung cloud was discontinued in 2021 so I'm just confused. 
0 Likes
6 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
Samsung Cloud storage ended for pics, videos, and files. Otherwise, it's still there. Do a search on your device, open the app, go into settings in the app and make sure the app is visible in the app drawer.
0 Likes
sendo427
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
I've done that and it's no where on my phone, Screenshot_20231011_213507_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
you wouldn't happen to be on Verizon, would you?
0 Likes
sendo427
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Yes I'm on Verizon But the weird thing is I have Samsung cloud on my s20+ thats also on Verizon and Samsung cloud was showing on my current s22 ultra before I did an reset and after reinstalling the new beta I started having these problems with Samsung cloud. Also both of my Samsungs were bought unlocked from Samsung.
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
I'm not a VZW guy. However, I've seen too many situations on this board (and others) where VZW blocks certain apps/features from Samsung to force you to use their offering...even if you're unlocked. The VZW sim drives this. Not sure why you had it on your S22U, even briefly. (unless it snuck in via Smart Switch)
0 Likes
LauraRG
Comet
Options
Suggestions
So to replace my previous comment, One Drive backs up photos videos and files. Samsung Cloud, in accounts and backup, then click manage accounts and tap your samsung account and hit sync account it pulls up the menu for samsung cloud. I did just get an update for samsung cloud in the galaxy store so idk if it did that after that update or what. But this is how you get to it now.
0 Likes