Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung stock message or Google message

(Topic created: 09-17-2022 08:56 AM)
StannFresh
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
It's time for Samsung to be a fully-featured message app for Samsung users. In the upcoming One UI5.0, we want to be able to "DIRECT REPLY TO OUR FRIENDS/FAMILY MESSAGE", "TYPING INDICATION", ABILITY TO RECEIVE LARGE FILES WITHOUT LOSING IN THE QUALITY, HEAR OUTGOING MESSAGE SOUNDS. when receiving multiple pictures have them all stocks together so we can swipe to see them. If Samsung can't do that's okay as they're already partnered with Google let's bring all the Samsung features to Google so we can use one stock message app instead of having two
Where one can do certain things and the other can't. I hope UI5.0 brings these features.
11 Replies
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
Why would they do that when the new phones come with Google as default. It seems like samsung is moving away from it
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
if Samsung is moving away from their own messaging app, I think that's a mistake. it is a fool's errand to rely on Google for anything messaging related. their attention span is almost nonexistent. they can't decide what they want to be.
Graywolfman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Hah, isn't this the truth. Allo, GChat, Google Talk, Google Hangouts ... It's no wonder carriers and Apple won't adopt anything; they're probably tired of wasting time and resources.
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
Apple doesn't want to do anything. If they could they would have their own app store and limit what is in it. They like closed
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Suggestions
I prefer Samsung over Google
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
likewise. I'm able to group all of my texts into various categories (work, etc.) as I see fit. I've heard Google's messaging app has categories, but it's AI driven. again, somebody else telling me how I should have my messages grouped. nope
0 Likes
StannFresh
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Me too. I like the visual better that's why I want them to add some features so bad
SpudMan9510
Comet
Options
Suggestions
And to not make either one carrier dependent to use chat features. I know unlocked models will work depending on what carrier. At&t uses its own servers for chat features. We should be able to use chat features on both carrier locked and unlocked devices and chat with any carrier or model, including iPhone
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
unlocked models do not have chat features if using the Samsung app with TMO. can't speak to AT&T or Verizon