Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Side Key shortcut on Lockscreen

(Topic created: 09-20-2022 02:39 PM)
Options
Suggestions
It seems as though you can no longer access your camera via the side key double press while on the lock screen. 

In One UI 4.X, this button shortcut would bring you to the camera without unlocking the phone, you just had no access to anything besides the pictures you took in that session. 

Now in One UI 5 BETA, the side key shortcut prompts you to unlock your phone, then it opens the camera app.

My suggestion would be to make this functionality work like in previous One UI versions.
5 Replies
userc4DmkljLFr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Quick launch camera shows as an option on my s21 beta for side key
0 Likes
Options
Suggestions
When your phone is locked, and you double press the side key, does it open the camera right away? Or prompt you to unlock your phone first?
0 Likes
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
I also cannot access camera on lock screen by using double press. I think it could be a bug because S22 on beta software can do it.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello ,
Thank you for your feedback.
If you haven’t already, Please update Samsung Members app to latest version from the Galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Options
Suggestions
This was fixed in the second beta update!
0 Likes