Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

(Smartthings??)IR transmitter: Controlling other devices

(Topic created: 10-24-2022 04:00 PM)
Options
Suggestions
How many people you smart TVs? How many people use other devices that have a remote controller of sorts? I can assure you that the amount is many. Whatever happened to the IR transmitters that were on Samsung devices, like the Samsung Galaxy S6?

Past Galaxy Devices w/IR transmitter

Long gone after those days where you're able to take and raise the volume change channels and enter other functions of TVs when going on weekend excursions, from your premium Galaxy device. 

This is a feature I would like to see in the next Galaxy device. How about you? Did you get to use a pervious Galaxy device with the IR transmitter? How was it? 

Like & comment. 😎👍🏾
9 Replies
caden3ds
Constellation
Options
Suggestions
Yeah that would be cool
Options
Suggestions
Cool. Thanks for your feedback
0 Likes
bluefire
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Well, you can do the same with Smartthings and control the TV's even remotely
Options
Suggestions
What if it isn't compatible? What if you lose the controller to a heater or air conditioner and the phone can come in clutch?
0 Likes
Mikeyr305
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Don't need it when it's on the SmartThings AppScreenshot_20221018_081527_SmartThings_1000002003_1666102528.jpg
Options
Suggestions
What if it's a device that isn't Smart things compatible?
0 Likes
Options
Suggestions
1. Samsung tvs have wifi built in so an IR blaster isn't needed for them

2. People were going to restaurants and changing the channels. As far as I know there isn't a single phone released in the US that has an IR blaster, Xiaomi I think is the only one still using it
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team