Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Some iPhone Camera settings Samsung should adopt

(Topic created: 09-20-2023 02:45 PM)
checkthamethod
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Samsung should implement the auto portrait setting that Samsung is implementing with their new iPhone.

While we have a 50mp mode, Samsung should either speed it up, or maybe implement a 25mp or 20mp mode if it can improve the processing speeds when capturing those high res photos.
7 Replies
46m3csl
Nebula
Options
Suggestions
Yeah I like to use the 50mp but takes forever to process the photos . Maybe use a 25mp mode , the reviews on the iphone 15 pro max process the 24mp picture instantly
checkthamethod
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Right. I really want to use that mode l the time but sometimes it just isn't as practical because of the shutter speed. I also wish they'd add a sport mode that would automatically adjust the iso without us having to use pro mode for everything
0 Likes
Options
Suggestions
The way the 50mp and 12.5mp mode work are by grouping the 200mp sensors pixels in groups of four - so 200/4=50 and and then 50/4=12.5. This is called pixel binning. There's no real way to bin the pixels to 30mp. By binning the pixels it uses the much smaller pixel size of the 200mp sensor to create larger sensors for greater light capturing. Apple does the same with their 48mp sensor.
checkthamethod
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
I know what pixel binning is lol that's why I mentioned the 50 mp mode. I guess a better phrase would've been binning down to a "higher quality" level that divides into 200mp, like 20mp, 25mp or 40mp
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Davelover007
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
It's important cause on iphone you can take a quick picture and add portrait effects later that's make it faster for the shorter speed and less blurry pictures
checkthamethod
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Yep. For some reason Samsungs aren't able to process many photos in the background while proceeding to take the next photos.
0 Likes