Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Stay closer to upstream

(Topic created: 08-08-2022 07:22 AM)
Vexy
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Stay more current and upstream than right now, or make a separate rolling branch with the latest cutting edge changes. (Also unlock the bootloader in unlocked devices Samsung)
Currently rooting the S22 Ultra is impossible. Also for the upstream stuff I mean kernel upstreaming and beta changes from Samsung in a seperate user opt-in branch with the newest change. I'm just a updateacholic and Linux is going on to a 6.0 kernel now while we're still stuck with 5.10
0 Likes
5 Replies
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
Huh?
0 Likes
Vexy
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Lot of techno words but practically let users have the freedom to update and have unstable updates too, Google AOSP and generally Pixel devices are updated more frequently to greater and newer versions of Android
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
I'm assuming you are referring to kernel upstreaming? This not necessary and would require a system update every time kernel source upstreams.
Also, no OEM ever has shipped devices with unlocked bootloader. Nor should they for security purposes. Some OEMs make it easy for the user to unlock if they choose to, but nobody ships unlocked
0 Likes
Vexy
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
This is what I mean in Europe, Samsung by law is supposed to provide support for getting a unlocked bootloader and it can't void the warranty either. Currently rooting the S22 Ultra is impossible. Also for the upstream stuff I mean kernel upstreaming and beta changes from Samsung in a seperate user opt-in branch with the newest change. I'm just a updateacholic and Linux is going on to a 6.0 kernel now while we're still stuck with 5.10
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes