JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unbranded 5G icon for Unlocked firmware

(Topic created: 11-07-2021 02:15 PM)
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
In previous beta updates (I believe it was Beta 3), we had an unbranded 5G icon. Now on Beta 4, we're back to per-carrier 5G icons. 

Can we please have the unbranded icons back? The only thing I ask is to follow each carrier's designation for mmWave (e.g. on AT&T, "5G+" is shown). This is helpful for identifying when connected to high-speed 5G rather than standard (low-band) 5G.

What it looks like now:

What it looked like before:

22 Replies
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
Mine looks like your "before" screenshot. It has never looked like your "now" shot
0 Likes
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Are you on Beta 4? It's been like this for me since purchase, EXCEPT for on on Beta 3. On Beta 4 it went back to the AT&T 5G icon (but LTE, 3G, etc remain unbranded).

I'm using an S21+ U1 model (factory unlocked) on AT&T.
0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
S21 Unlocked from Samsung, Con. Cell. with at&t SIM card.
My 5g icon has always looked like that during beta1 to beta4
0 Likes
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
That's bizarre...

I've even factory reset, downgraded to Android 11, and then re-upgraded straight to Beta 3 and now Beta 4. Still showing AT&T logo again.

I wonder if this is a bug?
0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
Here are mine, in two different states
Screenshot_20211107-180648_One UI Home-01_9665.jpgScreenshot_20211107-180628_One UI Home-01_9664.jpg
0 Likes
mattio781
Halo
Options
Suggestions
Mine also changed to the at&t 5g icon with beta 4. I did restart my phone with Google fi as my primary sim, bit I couldn't even get into the members app without turning it off and going back to the att as primary. I much more prefer the "unlocked" better
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Glad I'm not crazy
0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Suggestions
I prefer the unbranded 5g icon too

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Out of curiousity, do you also have a branded icon despite using an Unlocked model? Someone above said they've had an unbranded icon on every single beta, but most people like myself seem to have the branded icon.
0 Likes