JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unbranded 5G icon for Unlocked firmware

(Topic created: 11-07-2021 01:35 PM)
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
In previous beta updates (I believe it was Beta 3), we had an unbranded 5G icon. Now on Beta 4, we're back to per-carrier 5G icons. 

Can we please have the unbranded icons back? The only thing I ask is to follow each carrier's designation for mmWave (e.g. on AT&T, "5G+" is shown). This is helpful for identifying when connected to high-speed 5G rather than standard (low-band) 5G.

What it looks like now:

What it looked like before:

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Suggestions
Yes, I am on tmobile and have the big 5G icon. Beta 3 gave me the unbranded icon but all others were carrier icons.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
0 Likes
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Interesting. For Unlocked on Beta 3, they were all unbranded. For Android 11, Beta 1, Beta 2, and Beta 4 (now), only the 5G icon is branded.
0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Suggestions
Sorry, I meant all other builds gave me branded 5g icons. I have the same exact experience as you.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
DJDoubleU
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
How does one become a Samsung Care Ambassador
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
I've also had the same throughout
.Screenshot_20211107-180731_One UI Home-01_12822.jpgScreenshot_20211107-180741_One UI Home-01_12823.jpg
0 Likes
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Is it due to the wallpaper? I don't understand why one is filled and the other isn't. This is why I hope Samsung does what they do for LTE (LTE vs LTE+).
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
One shows when 5g (solid white) is communicating with the tower ... the other (blank) is when the 5g modem is idling
0 Likes
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Ah gotcha. The reason I was confused was because the LTE indicator doesn't work like that. It's LTE or LTE+ for carrier aggregation (which is most of the time). Otherwise, the indicator arrows already show when data is flowing.
DJDoubleU
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
This is mine. I'm Unlocked 21U on TMBScreenshot_20211107-233149_Samsung Members_18048.jpg
0 Likes
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
That's T-Mobile's icon. I used to be on T-Mobile, so I recognize it.
0 Likes