Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Warning Google Pay for beta software

(Topic created: 08-24-2022 04:03 AM)
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
Before joining the beta, it stated that (which is too general)
Some software features may also be incomplete or missing.
You should also specifically state this on the beta enrollment page:
During beta program, the software is not yet certified by Google, and therefore Google Pay, Wallet and other secure services may not work.
So that people can expect and acknowledge it before joining the beta and not to find out this repeated response from betamoderators.
11 Replies
egor0128
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I would have to agree about Google wallet.
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
Google wallet users are having issues even on stable for all devices. Google didn't release a proper tag for the August security patch
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
Google doesn't have to tell anyone anything on a non Google device. Samsung has their own versions of Google stuff that works with the beta. Google would have to state this if it was an android 13 beta for a pixel. But it is not it's for Samsung
Mikeyr305
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
If you've been in the previous beta's. You would know that certain apps won't work on beta program. Google pay was always one of those apps that don't work. Google wants a certified device.
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
I've been in the previous betas and seen MANY posts about this in every beta. I just think Samsung should state it from the get-go since GPay will certainly not work on the beta.

I have no problem with this and I am not mad about not being able to use GPay. I am just kinda tired of seeing the well-known issue posts that are definitely not a bug in every beta.
0 Likes
ShortRound51
Comet
Options
Suggestions
To be honest, I'm not sure that is Samsung's issue to address or fix. Google Pay and Google Wallet are not Samsung's products nor should they be obligated to address those issues. (After all, they have Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass that DO work)

The point of a beta is to test the new software before it is officially released. GOOGLE has chosen to not allow THEIR product to work under beta/uncertified software.

Now a more ambiguous statement simply stating that "Beta software is not yet certified and many 3rd party apps related to secure services may not work." Should still be provided. But, again, I still believe that this isn't really Samsung's problem, and more just an issue with betas altogether.
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
I understand and agree with what you said. I just think that it would be great to state well-known issue apps that will definitely not work on the beta and Samsung cannot do anything about it.
0 Likes
RyanSr
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
It's called Beta for a reason. Not everything works, not all apps are compatible or will work. Your advised to back up your **bleep** before jumping into the beta. Well said OP
0 Likes
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
The beta specifies enough to make it clear that joining the beta program can and they do cause issues. No clarity should be given to expound on it. It's made to be general. How many ppl really join these betas under the impression they are getting a nice shiny object only to be aggravated by the issues and the lack of certain function that only operate in non-beta forms?

Also, and most importantly, the caveat also states implicitly that in using the beta that if any damages to the device using the beta, renders Samsung from responsibility to cover the device.
0 Likes